We have recently launched our Digital Champion service across all our GP practices. We now offer 1-1 sessions to help you become more confident using IT equipment and connecting online. We will support you to enjoy all the benefits that the digital world can bring.
You can get help with:
- Registering for online services e.g. Systm Online, NHS App
- Ordering repeat prescriptions online
- Using e-Consult
- Practice website navigation
- Patient use of health apps (NHS recommended app library, Orcha, MyMHealth, NHS app etc)
- Setting up and using an email account
- Assistance with log on details (forgotten usernames/passwords)
- Online security (privacy settings)
- Signposting to relevant online services
- Signpost to key health information & online resources
To request support from the Digital Champions Service, please contact your GP practice.
The Diabetes Prevention Programme is provided by Living Well Taking Control in Dorset. This is a group-based, face-to-face programme, that will be delivered in your area from 1st August 2022. These sessions will take place in your Local Community, local to your home address or GP surgery.
- Face-to-Face – a group based, face-to-face
programme. Hosted at a local community venue near to
your home or general practice address. A dedicated
person (‘Locality Coach’) will support you throughout the
- Digital – One-to-one health coaching provided through a
free app on a smart phone or tablet.
All service offers are interactive and enjoyable, helping participants prevent the likelihood of developing Type 2 Diabetes.
You won’t be alone, joining a programme to support people who are also at risk of developing diabetes is a great opportunity to gain support from others who are in a similar position.
Places on the programme are limited and we encourage you to accept your invitation as soon as your Coach contacts you.
About the programme:
This programme aims to help you reduce your risk of progressing to Type 2 diabetes and complications associated with Type 2 diabetes; it will improve your knowledge, ability and confidence to make better lifestyle choices, helping you towards:
- A healthier diet
- Better exercise
- Emotional wellbeing and ways to manage stress
- Weight management
We strongly advise that you continue to wear a face mask when attending group
sessions to ensure that COVID-19 is minimised at all stages of service delivery. Should
you feel unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms, you should contact your Locality Coach,
but not attend a face-to-face session.
For more information about Healthier You, please visit the website
For more information about how to reduce your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes,
please visit www.diabetes.org.uk/preventing-type-2-diabetes